New regulations published by the Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs will now allow people to move houses During COVID 19 Pandemic, under lockdown level 4, but with tight restrictions. To move to a new place of residence, you will need a permit saying you can do so, as well as all the necessary lease agreements and documentation on hand. Movements will need to happen before 7 June – and the movement of your items is limited to “furniture and effects”
In order to allow for a smooth moving process in line with the regulations.
- An expired lease for your old home and a new lease for your new home should be on hand. In the case where a new home has been purchased, a transfer document will suffice.
- A permit from a police station commander or a person designated by them. This permit should; indicate the members of the household who will be making the move.
The Western Cape is still currently the epicenter of the infection, which is where most of our operations take place. In order to reduce the risk to our employees and our clientele, we are limiting our home relocations operations to local movement within provinces. We have started selling 70% alcohol hand sanitizer and now offer an additional disinfection service of your property after the move for the protection of our clients.
Moving Tips during Covid-19
In addition to the measures, Conneck teams have taken to ensure we preserve the health of all stakeholders. We recommend the following to our moving clients.
- Ensure you are ready for your move. If you are high risk call your movers ahead of time and provide instructions.
- Ensure your home has been cleaned thoroughly (wiping done doorknobs, handles, etc), focus mainly on items you would touch or our team would possibly touch to avoid cross-contamination.
- We recommend you use new boxes as opposed to used ones.
- When the Conneck team arrives, the team leader can assess your home and provide a game plan to maintain social distancing during your move.
- Have Fun
Book your next move with us. Move with Conneck.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the new regulations.